- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 12 dried California figs, snipped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine or apple juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
ProcedureRemove skin from chicken. Place in heavy pot or large skillet and brown on all sides. Add all remaining ingredients except sesame seeds; cover. Reduce heat and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done. Turn into serving bowl.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve piping hot.
Note: May also place covered skillet in oven at 325°F and cook for 2 hours, until chicken is done, or turn into crockpot and cook on low for about 6 hours, until chicken is done.
Serves: 12 (6 ounces);
NUTRITION FACTS (per serving)Calories 290 (30% from Fat); Total Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 2.5g; Trans Fat -0-g; Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 200mg; Potassium 520mg; Carbohydrate 16g; Sugar 12g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Protein 35g;
Daily ValuesVitamin A 35 Vitamin C 35 Calcium 35 Iron 35